Recent Water Damage Posts
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 (361)-985-6444
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Category 3 Water Damage
Sewage/flood overflow is a dangerous type of Category 3 water damage.
Category 3 Water Damage
There are many water sources that contribute to your water damage, and they are classified as Category 1 (Clean Water), Category 2 (Gray Water), and Category 3 (Black Water). Out of the three categories, category 3 is the most unsanitary type of water damage.
Flood water is one source of unsanitary water in a home or business. This is something to be aware of as we enter hurricane season. But the most common source of category 3 water is a sewer back up. Per IICRC guidelines, any porous materials that come in contact with the contaminated water should be removed and disposed. This includes carpet, carpet pad, and drywall.
Our water technicians are all IICRC certified and know what to do, and the steps to take, in cleaning up category 3 water. We know how stressful water damage can be, and they are there to help guide you through any water situation that you encounter.
Remember, the sooner you mitigate your water damage, the less chance you have of major repairs. Give us a call at 361-985-6444 – we’re here to help!
"It Looks Dry"
We often hear comments such as "it looks dry" or "it feels dry", from home owners or property managers that have had water damage to their property. But often times, a structure that has been affected by water intrusion does not dry out quickly when relying on Mother Nature. Did you know that there is an actual science behind the process of drying a structure? When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material - but only if the air is - actually drier. As we all know, here along the coast, higher humidity is a fact of life. Some may think that a couple of fans and the air conditioner will take care of it - but how will you know? That's where SERVPRO comes in. We have the monitoring and drying equipment to speed up the drying process before it leads to further damage, such as mold or wood rot. All of our technicians are trained in the science of drying, and follow IICRC standards when drying a structure. With the right equipment, and experienced employees, why risk trying to let it dry on its own. Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East.