Recent Water Damage Posts
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
Have you ever looked at a wall and said, “It looks dry” or “It feels dry”? Oftentimes a structure that has been affected by water intrusion doesn’t dry quickly when we rely on mother nature. Here at SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East, we use the science behind the process of drying a structure. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material, but only if the air is drier. Unfortunately, the Coastal Bend area has higher humidity than other areas which can factor in the process. We have the monitoring and drying equipment to help speed up the drying process before it leads to further damage such as mold or wood rot. Feel free to call our office at (361)985-6444 for any questions.
Water Damage due to Fire Extinguisher Dust
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
Unfortunately, SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East is far too familiar with the outcome of a house fire so we can't stress how important it is to be prepared for a nightmare scenario. Fires are nothing we want to plan for, however, planning ahead could be a matter of saving your life or sentimental possessions. Having a fire extinguisher in proper areas in your home could mean putting out a fire faster and preventing it from escalating to severe property damage. For helpful placements of a fire extinguisher, consider these rooms:
- Laundry room
- Garage or workshop area
- At least one fire extinguisher on each floor of the home
Remember if you have a fireplace or any potential fire hazards, you should consider having a fire extinguisher nearby. If you are able to reach an extinguisher in the first few seconds of the fire, you can help control the fire in its early stages and possibly save your life or the life of a loved one. Don't forget to look around your home today and plan ahead to prevent a possible disaster. And don't forget, SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East is always here to help clean up that fire extinguisher dust left behind.
Any Water Damage In Your Facility Is Bad
A water leak in the celling.
With any leak, it’s the water you don’t see that causes the most damages. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East is ready to serve your home or business with our highly trained technicians. We know that any water damage in your property has the potential to be bad, especially when you don’t see the bacteria that causes mold, rot or other damages. Did you know water damage can affect your property value? Consider SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East before you grab a box fan or mop bucket, and try to do the clean up yourself it may cost you more in the future. We understand how fast water damage can disrupt your life. Contact us today at (361)985-6444 we are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East understands these situations can be stressful, but with our helpful tips, we hope to lead you in a better tomorrow. Please follow some of our helpful tips should you find yourself in a water damage emergency.
Water Damage From Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC systems if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
Please consider following the DOs and DON’Ts in order to help reduce any further damage. Trust SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East with all of your fire & water-cleanup restoration needs we can make it “ Like it never even happened.” Call us at 361-985-6444 for more information.
Have you ever walked into a house full of water due to a leak? SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East understands these situations can take control of your life if no immediate action is taken. Please follow some of our helpful tips should you find yourself in a water emergency.
Water Damage From Clean Water:
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
Please consider following the DOs and DON’Ts to help reduce any further damage. Trust SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East with all of your fire & water-cleanup restoration needs. Don’t hesitate to call us at 361-985-6444 we are happy to assist you with any questions.
Is it really dry?
Water damage to the cabinet but it looked dry.
Have you ever heard a comment such as "it looks" or "it feels dry"? Unfortunately, a structure that has been affected by water damage doesn't often dry quickly. When you have wet materials, the moisture will naturally move to drier air located at the surface of the material. This will only happen if the air is actually drier. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East understands the science behind the process of drying out your home or business. If left untreated, you are likely to encounter mold or wood rot. Along with our highly trained technicians, SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East has the monitoring and drying equipment to speed up the drying process. We will determine a drying plan for the job, and manage the drying system to bring your property back to "Like it never even happened."
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 (361)-985-6444
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Category 3 Water Damage
Sewage/flood overflow is a dangerous type of Category 3 water damage.
Category 3 Water Damage
There are many water sources that contribute to your water damage, and they are classified as Category 1 (Clean Water), Category 2 (Gray Water), and Category 3 (Black Water). Out of the three categories, category 3 is the most unsanitary type of water damage.
Flood water is one source of unsanitary water in a home or business. This is something to be aware of as we enter hurricane season. But the most common source of category 3 water is a sewer back up. Per IICRC guidelines, any porous materials that come in contact with the contaminated water should be removed and disposed. This includes carpet, carpet pad, and drywall.
Our water technicians are all IICRC certified and know what to do, and the steps to take, in cleaning up category 3 water. We know how stressful water damage can be, and they are there to help guide you through any water situation that you encounter.
Remember, the sooner you mitigate your water damage, the less chance you have of major repairs. Give us a call at 361-985-6444 – we’re here to help!
"It Looks Dry"
We often hear comments such as "it looks dry" or "it feels dry", from home owners or property managers that have had water damage to their property. But often times, a structure that has been affected by water intrusion does not dry out quickly when relying on Mother Nature. Did you know that there is an actual science behind the process of drying a structure? When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material - but only if the air is - actually drier. As we all know, here along the coast, higher humidity is a fact of life. Some may think that a couple of fans and the air conditioner will take care of it - but how will you know? That's where SERVPRO comes in. We have the monitoring and drying equipment to speed up the drying process before it leads to further damage, such as mold or wood rot. All of our technicians are trained in the science of drying, and follow IICRC standards when drying a structure. With the right equipment, and experienced employees, why risk trying to let it dry on its own. Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East.