This photo was taken the day after Hurricane Hanna.
One of the most important steps in being prepared for a hurricane is to prepare an emergency kit. It’s better to be prepared than in a time of need. Below are a few recommended items:
- Whistle to signal for help
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- At least three day supply of non-perishable food items
- Cell phone with chargers and backup battery
- Pet food and extra water
- Prescription medications
Steps before a hurricane
- Full tank of gas
- Reinforce your garage doors
- Unclog or clear all outdoor drains, rain gutters, and downspouts.
Steps during a hurricane
- Turn off propane tanks
- Keep curtains and blinds closed
- Stay in a small interior room, closet or hallway on the lowest level of your building or home
Steps after a hurricane
- Never use a generator inside your home, garage, shed, or any enclosed area because of deadly levels of carbon monoxide can build up and remain for hours- even after the generator is shut off.
Please visit http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes for more information. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East wants you to have a safe hurricane season.
Hurricane Shelter During a Pandemic
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East wants to help better prepare you for the unknown possibilities of the 2020 hurricane season. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a pandemic and there are so many new scenarios we may have to experience this hurricane season. Here are some tips to help better prepare you to stay safe in a shelter if needed.
- Prepare a “go kit” with all-important personal items such as hand sanitizer, soap, disinfectant wipes, and face mask.
- Find out if your local shelter will be open during this pandemic
- Make plans for your pets and prepare a disaster kit for them.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Follow disaster shelter policies.
- If you start to feel sick while in shelter please notify staff immediately.
- Be a good example for your children to follow by washing hands and wearing a mask
For more information please visit cdc.gov/disasters/hurricanes/covid-19
Our SERVPRO Team is Here to Help
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East prides itself on making sure every job is done right the first time. If you feel otherwise please contact us at 361-985-6444 and we will make sure it’s addressed. We are a locally owned and operated franchise that has been around for over 20 years and wants to help our customers in a time of need. SERVPRO is nearby and ready to respond to your cleaning or restoration needs. Our highly trained technicians are IICRC Certified and available 24/7/365 days a year. Let’s not forget about our friendly and helpful office staff that makes sure you are well informed and scheduled as needed. We are a team that works together and wants to make it your cleanup and restoration needs, “Like it never even happened.”
After photo of Air Duct cleaning.
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi has the right equipment to help with your poor indoor air quality. When is the last time you’ve had your Air Ducts cleans in your home or business? Air duct cleaning services are a great way to remove dirt from ducts that can circulate odors, contaminates, or irritating dust. Cleaning your air ducts can help improve air quality and help minimize dust around your home or business. Springtime also brings spring cleaning and a lot of time we forget about our ducts. Over the season change, we tend to build up dust in our home or business office's ventilation system. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East has portable ventilation and air duct cleaning systems that can help remove years of dust and grime that has built up over time. Give us a call today at 361-985-6444 and extend the life-span of your equipment and avoid costly repairs in the long-run.
Cabinet with soot damage.
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East understands a fire can be a traumatic experience. Whether the damage is minor or major, there is still clean-up to be done. Smoke leaves soot residue, and depending on the surface, restoration may involve dry cleaning and/or wet cleaning of ceilings, walls, floors, and contents. Methods of cleaning also depend on the type of smoke produced by the fire. Unfortunately, not all soot residues are the same, and depending on the materials that burned, the soot left behind may be powdery or leave particles that can be easily smeared. You might be able to see some of those particles in the form of "smoke webs", which look similar to spider webs but will easily smear if you wipe them off. Different cleaning methods are used to remove the residues left behind, and our technicians are trained to recognize the procedures needed to clean up your home. Please call us if you have a fire in your home regardless of the size we are always here to help. Call SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East at 361-985-6444 and let us help you through the clean-up process.
Let us help you get back to business
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East Certified SERVPRO Clean
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of East today at 361-985-6444 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
July 4th is a great time to spend time with family and friends, but it’s important to remember the hazards associated with firework safety. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), fireworks are best viewed in a public display conducted by a professional. Fireworks may be legal in some areas, however, the NSC strongly suggest leaving fireworks to trained individuals. It’s noted that over 50 percent of incidents are more likely to happen to children and adults under the age of 20 years old. Consider these helpful tips when handling fireworks should you choose to do so.
- Light one firework at a time.
- Keep water handy.
- Keep fireworks out of children’s reach.
- Pets are safer indoors during firework displays.
Fire safety is important and fireworks can potentially lead to serious injuries or property damage. SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East wants you to have a safe 4th of July.
For more information regarding firework safety visit the National Safety Councils website https://www.nsc.org
Water damage due to water heater leak
Have you ever been told that all mold can be removed? Unfortunately, that is far from the truth. It's impossible to remove all mold from a home or business, as mold spores are both indoors and outdoors. Mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. In the State of Texas, the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) regulates businesses that test for mold, or perform mold cleanup (remediation). A licensed mold assessment consultant evaluates whether mold growth is present and to what extent. A mold remediation contractor such as SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East performs the mold cleanup following a protocol written by the consultant. Therefore, to prevent conflicts of interest, the rules prohibit a license from conducting both mold assessment and mold remediation on the same project. Trust our highly IICRC Certified technicians and let them make it "Like it never even happened."
For more information about State rules please visit their website https://tdlr.texas.gov
Do you have an Emergency Ready Profile?
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
Hurricane season is only a few weeks away, and it's time to start thinking if your business is ready. The best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster is to plan for it NOW.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it's a small water leak, a large fire, or a hurricane. No one ever plans on a disaster, but pre-planning gives you the peace of mind that you are ready for whatever happens. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. It's a guide designed for your business to help you get back into your building following a disaster. It serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information, such as where water or electrical shut-offs are-or your emergency contacts. Having a quick reference for what to do, how to do it, and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
This assessment has no cost to you and contains only the critical information you need in the event of an emergency. The ERP has all your important information electronically and can access it 24/7 on a desktop or app on your phone. We will also provide a hard copy for your records.
Call us today at (361)985-6444 to get started on your free profile!
SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East
Have you ever looked at a wall and said, “It looks dry” or “It feels dry”? Oftentimes a structure that has been affected by water intrusion doesn’t dry quickly when we rely on mother nature. Here at SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East, we use the science behind the process of drying a structure. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material, but only if the air is drier. Unfortunately, the Coastal Bend area has higher humidity than other areas which can factor in the process. We have the monitoring and drying equipment to help speed up the drying process before it leads to further damage such as mold or wood rot. Feel free to call our office at (361)985-6444 for any questions.