Preventing Mold In Your Corpus Christi East Closets
Tips to prevent mold from growing in your closets
Mold can grow anywhere in homes, including closets. Here are some tips to keep your closets dry and mold-free!
- Make sure that clothes are completely dry before storing them in closets. The moisture in clothing can accelerate mold growth.
- Store only clean clothing and items in closets as dirt and other organic substances are potential food sources for mold.
- Don’t pack clothes or other items too tightly in closets. Allow air to circulate between them to reduce moisture.
- Don’t store items on the closet floor to prevent trapping moisture underneath them.
- Leave closets open when possible. Replace solid closet doors curtains for better air flow.
- Avoid opening closets if they are in rooms with high humidity, particularly when producing moisture (e.g., showering or cooking).
- If you have a humidity problem in your home, use the air conditioning unit or a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from the air.
- If clothes in a closet smell musty, take them out and fix the moisture problem.
Don’t let mold take over! Call the pros at SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East!
Local and state laws may require a specific inspection and documentation protocol based on the size of the affected area. We can advise you on this process, providing guidance based on your unique situation.