Hurricane Season 2020
Hurricane season is right around the corner, and SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East wants to help you be better informed for this upcoming season. Hurricane hazards can include tropical depressions, tropical storms and of course hurricanes. These hazards can bring destructive tornadoes, winds and even rip currents and high surf. Here are 5 lists of things to know. Please follow the link for more information. weather.gov/safety/hurricane-plan
- Storm surge is a large amount of water generated by a storm’s wind and is one of the leading causes of hurricane-related deaths in the USA. These surges can cause a massive amount of destruction along the coast and can travel miles inland.
- Flooding from the heavy rain is the second cause of deaths from tropical cyclones. This can potentially be destructive due to the number of days the rain persists after the storm has passed.
- Winds from a hurricane can be destructive due to signs and any outdoor furniture or materials left outside.
- Tornadoes can accompany hurricanes making landfall. These tornadoes typically occur in rain bands well away from the center of the storm.
- These waves contain rip currents and can cause damage to structures along the coastline.
Stay safe this hurricane season.