SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East understands these situations can take control of your life if no immediate action is taken. Please follow some of our helpful tips should you find yourself in a smoke damage emergency.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave the system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
Please consider following the DOs and DON’Ts in order to help reduce any further damage. Trust SERVPRO of Corpus Christi East with all of your fire & water-cleanup restoration needs. Our highly trained technicians are always ready to serve you. Don’t hesitate to call us at 361-985-6444 we are happy to assist you with any questions.